Frequently Asked Questions
While clones can be small or large, try to make your cuttings approximately six inches in total length from established branches.
Each oxyCLONE includes a fill line inside the reservoir. This line is a helpful guide when determining the proper water depth, but you may choose to fill the reservoir slightly deeper. In our product tests, cuttings showed the fastest rooting when all stem tips were submersed. If the water level decreases from evaporation, just add more tap water.
No it isn't. Our technology submerses the stems into a bath of recirculating, oxygenated water. Tests were conducted using municipal tap water (no gels, no supplements), and cuttings rooted in 5 to 10 days. However, for cuttings that are difficult to root, cloning gels and rooting supplements may increase success rates.
In high temperature situations, connect the submersible pump to a timer (part # TM01015 or TM01015D); set the timer to shut off 15 minutes out of every hour. This won’t damage the roots and will assist in reducing water temperature.
Because our oxyCLONE systems do not have spray jets that clog or overpowered pumps to heat up your water, your oxyCLONE will generate less heat than other cloning machines. Many growers consider 77°F as the ideal temperature for plant growth, but your oxyCLONE will perform well at temperatures ranging from 72-82°F. Reservoir temperatures will usually be 3-5° higher than room temp, so these systems work best with ambient temps in the low to mid 70s. Temperatures will increase if water levels get too low.
Yes. Salt-based nutrients at no more than 300 ppm are recommended. Lower is better. Cloning gels and solutions can enhance rooting, but are not mandatory with the oxyCLONE. Once your clones have roots longer than two inches, they are ready for transplant into soil or hydroponics systems. Do not attempt long-term plant growth in the oxyCLONE.
- If the cloner is not properly sanitized it can lead to a delay or failure to root.
- Always rinse the mesh filter inside your 160 GPH submersible pump between cycles to prevent clogging.
- If air stones become clogged or contaminated, they can be easily replaced at low cost. Look for authentic Active Aqua air stones at your favorite hydroponics supply store.
- Wash hands or use a fresh pair of nitrile gloves
- Take cuttings using razor sharp pruners that are clean and sterile. Try cut the stem at a diagonal angle to expose more surface area.
We recommend the following pruners:
HGPP400T, HGPP400, HGBS400T, HGBS400, HGSCALP
Sterilize pruners with Trim Fast lubricant (coming soon!)